According to the research, the global in-game advertising market was valued at $6.8 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach $17.6 billion by 2030 with a CAGR of 11%.
As it is known, the coronavirus pandemic has influenced every part of society from marital status at home to creating new business lines in many industries. Digital advertising is one of the sectors that are influenced by various factors derived from the struggles of marketing industries. Nowadays, business owners are reconsidering their marketing strategies and whether it is the best time for running online ads.
In-Game Advertising According to Type and Device Type
The logic behind in-game advertising is to make ads to be integrated into the advertising areas in mobile and video games. Examples include pop-up ads, on-screen advertisements, cutscenes, billboards, and background displays.
In-game advertisement models are static, dynamic, and advergaming ads. Static ads are the non-changeable ones meanwhile dynamics are changeable ones. On the other hand, advergaming ads represent games that are built as an advertisement.
The increasing interest in social and mobile games is expected to rise up even higher and is expected to have a positive impact on in-game advertising market share growth. The in-game ads can be integrated into video and mobile games via commercials, cutscenes, billboards, and background displays.
Since the in-game ads are non-interruptive, they don’t damage the gamer experience and don’t have a bad influence on game flow. In this innovative environment, both game studios and advertisers have an advantageous place in the market. While lower advertising costs, increased reach, and ROI within rapid integration enable advertisers to adapt quickly to the ecosystem and reach the correct target audiences; game studios and developers experience higher retention and impression rates and an increase in download rates.
As today’s technology provides a mind-blowing integration to mobile phones that are mostly used by everyone, is creating serious market growth. It is expected to static advertisements have the biggest share in the in-game advertisement market since they are non-changeable. To simplify the statement, it can be said that static advertisements are commonly used for increasing brand awareness, and to reach a bigger target audience by brands.
The global in-game advertising market has been segmented by type, device type, and region. In this segmentation, the market is divided into static ads, dynamic ads, and advergaming by type. By device type; we see a division as PC/laptop and smartphone/tablet. Lastly, by region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA region.
The key players profiled in this report include Alphabet Inc., Anzu Virtual Reality Ltd., Blizzard Entertainment Inc., Electronic Arts Inc., MediaSpike Inc., ironSource Ltd., Motive Interactive Inc., Playwire LLC, RapidFire Inc., WPP PIc. However, there are rising stars in the in-game advertising market. One of them is the Turkey-based platform, Portuma. Even though in-game advertising started to rise recently, the local initiative Portuma is one in its own sector in Turkey. The ambitious platform has developt partnerships with both local and global companies already and has many valued partners such as Game Factory, IAB, Adjust, and the University of Halic.
By the region, we see a monopolization in North America by being the one in the in-game advertising and is expected to be until 2030.
Fundamental Benefits for Stakeholders
This report provides a quantitative analysis of market segments, current trends, forecasts, and dynamics of in-game advertising market analysis from 2021 to 2030 to identify current in-game ad market opportunities.
- The market research presents information on key drivers, constraints, and opportunities.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the power of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen supplier-buyer networks.
- An in-depth analysis of the in-game advertising market helps identify viable market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped by their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the current situation of market players.
- The report includes an analysis of regional and global in-game advertising market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
- The coronavirus pandemic has significantly affected many people’s lives in almost every country. The COVID-19 pandemic is wreaking havoc in various industries, including digital advertising. With the COVID-19 pandemic, business owners are rethinking their marketing strategies and debating whether now is the best time to advertise online.
- The impact of COVID-19 on the in-game advertising market is positive. So much so that everyone is active on the internet now, and since the end of the pandemic is uncertain, many organizations are planning to shift their advertising investments to digital platforms.
- The in-game advertising market is expected to be driven by increasing technological advances and consumer time spent on internet games.
The research has been rewritten from Allied Market Research’s In-Game Advertising Market Research, 2030.
Leave a Reply